Wednesday, June 29, 2016

COLLEGE RADIO RECAP WEEK 26

A few weeks ago I talked about how impressive it was that Radiohead took the #1 spot on the charts without any hard copies and without an outside indie. I am still very impressed by that but this week Radiohead returns to the #1 spot after a week off and its mostly due to the fact they sent out hard copies now.  Kind of ruins the story for me but I would not be surprised to see them gain a few more weeks at the top.

Checking in on Spinitron they have been #1 or #2 in spins over the last several weeks. Right there with Radiohead recently has been Paul Simon and we are seeing those moves translate over to the CMJ chart. Coming in at #2 from #4 this week Paul Simon is in a position to jump to #1 next week.

12118RADIOHEADA Moon Shaped PoolXL
24824PAUL SIMONStranger To StrangerConcord
33436KRISTIN KONTROLX-CommunicateSUB POP
448-42MITSKIPuberty 2Dead Oceans
551454KILLSAsh And IceDomino

The record with the most disappointment this week looks like the Kills as their chance all but went out the window with Mitski jumping into the top 4.  I would imagine they could easily jump to #2 or #3 next week. But next week should be pretty hard to predict.  Holiday weeks usually are. Independence day falls on Monday this year so I would not be surprised to see the number of reporters drop from this embarrassing low of 180's the last 2 weeks to even lower.  Those that do report I imagine will be reporting the same things they reported this week. As a promoter it is a difficult week as you have even less impact on the charts than you normally would.  

As far as any sort of CMJ update there is none this week. I highly recommend stations check out other options such as Spinitron or if anyone has other reporting options I will be more than happy to share them.  
I noticed this week that SXSW had opened for applications to play the festival. A festival in March. I can't say for certain but its looking more and more dire for a CMJ music marathon this year. But that doesn't mean we can't all get together. Should we all to go Riot Fest or another big festival? Sounds like fun to me. 

No Blog next week with it being the 4th and also my Birthday. 
Talk to you in a few weeks !
thanks for reading.
Doug

No comments:

MEDIUM ROTATION.

I am excited to announce all future blogs will appear on the relaunched Medium Rotation. www.mediumrotation.com  Find that and more! T...