Wednesday, March 09, 2016

CMJ ISSUE 1431 WEEK 10 COLLEGE RADIO RECAP

Oh hey there Spring Breakers. I see you. 

Spring breaks started this week and while there were no CMJ crashes the number of stations was down from the peak of two weeks ago. I imagine it will continue to stay in the 240-260 range throughout March.   Spring break +SXSW next week should give us a rather low reporting week. 

As expected Animal Collective ran away with the #1 spot this week.  Seeing as I was tracking Dr. Dog rather frequently I can tell you every time I checked the 2 records the gap grew. Early on it was 10-11 then it was 22-26  then it was 25-32.  It was a fun run but in the end we missed our window last week.  I will note we did beat Wild Nothing, the record that beat us on the ADDS.  You have to wonder if there was a missed opportunity with Wild Nothing and 2 indies but I can't pretend to know every indies motives for working a record.  

Animal Collective will be #1 for..... what do you think? 

lets talk about the ADDS this week. I thought going in that M. Ward would take #1 but Thao and the Get down stay down pulled off the upset. I think we may be seeing what happens when you have a lot of big records for adds and you split your focus. I would bet a dollar that M. Ward ends up being the higher charted record. 

Will either of those push for #1 or is Animal Collective a new David Bowie? 

What about Santigold? 

Could be exciting or it could just be really boring for the next 5 weeks until a real contender emerges. 

Now, its going to be 77 outside here in NYC today so get out side and lets talk about this on twitter when its cold again ..

No comments:

MEDIUM ROTATION.

I am excited to announce all future blogs will appear on the relaunched Medium Rotation. www.mediumrotation.com  Find that and more! T...