Wednesday, May 28, 2014

CMJ RECAP ISSUE 1346 WEEK 21

I hope everyone had a great Memorial day weekend! 

There is not really a ton to talk about with this week. We had a very SLOW week at radio but not as slow as last year at this time but still a dip overall. It will be interesting to see if the numbers go even lower or if they rebound next week.  If I had to guess I would say rebound. 

Thee Oh Sees hold on to #1 for the second week.  The Black Keys came close but were not the first record since the Decemberists to go from ADD week to #1 in one week, they had to settle for #2 a mere 9 stations behind.  Wye Oak stayed at #3 and Tune-Yards made a big move up to #4.  They were #8 last week so thats pretty impressive.   Worth keeping an eye on as 4AD/ Beggars/ Matador have made the run to #1 having less stations than the other records making a run. That is just the power of the CORE.  I still think they are pretty far back but as I said worth keeping an eye on. 

It was a rough week for the ADDs this week with the #1 most added record, Popstrangers only grabbing 64 adds. I thought it would go to Owen Pallett but he finished 3 behind and Coldplay came in at #3 with 50.  None of these records should pose a real threat to #1. 

I have to imagine next weeks ADDS will be a lot bigger as most people don't like to go on Memorial Day weekend. The benefit of going though is you have an easier path to #1 with smaller records that go. 

Well this is a short and sweet one this week as I am still recovering from Punk Rock Bowling and Las Vegas! 

If there is anything you want to talk about hit me up on twitter! 


No comments:

MEDIUM ROTATION.

I am excited to announce all future blogs will appear on the relaunched Medium Rotation. www.mediumrotation.com  Find that and more! T...