Thursday, May 05, 2016

CMJ "The Magazine"

Somedays I miss CMJ the Magazine. This is one of those days. When that happens I need up googling " CMJ NEW MUSIC REPORT" and looking through the archives on Google Books.

So many old reviews, photos, charts. I found a chart from when I was an MD



But one thing that I just found really stood out to me and I wanted to share it with you because its something I wish CMJ did every year.

I found a CMJ welcome back to school edition from September of 1997.

You can check out the whole thing here.



But I wanted to focus on the last few pages.
It starts with this headline

CMJ REPORTING ENTERS 21ST CENTRY
Chart Meaning Compilation and Station Weighting Explained.



I feel we get these questions SO often that it would be amazing if these were just permanently out there for you to read.
So I wanted to bring them to you.

The first paragraph is THE TRUE MEANING OF THE CMJ TOP 200




Pretty straightforward there. .. Lets move on to the next one.

BUT WHAT DOES IT REALLY MEAN.



Great. So far nothing I feel i need to explain but plenty we can talk about later.


THE HOW TO OF REPORTING
(really nothing important here but including everything)





WHAT TO REPORT.
A pretty important one.



This is the first time I can remember seeing in print that a new artist should be something within the last year. Something I wish more stations adhered to today.

SECRETS BEHIND CHART COMPILATION AND CODES REVEALED !!!
WHAAAAATTT!




WHATS NEXT?
( dated and not that important for today)




Well I hope you found this as interesting as I did.
Lets talk on twitter. 

No comments:

MEDIUM ROTATION.

I am excited to announce all future blogs will appear on the relaunched Medium Rotation. www.mediumrotation.com  Find that and more! T...