Wednesday, January 07, 2015

CMJ RECAP WEEK 1 CMJ ISSUE 1374

Welcome back everyone! I hope your break was GREAT I went to Georgia, Paso Robles, Sea Ranch and San Francisco! You can see all the things here on Instagram. 

For those that did not see I was asked some questions for CMJ and you can check that out here http://www.cmj.com/column/on-air/qa-douglas-blake-pirate-promotions/


I really am not going to spend a lot of time on the charts this week. I consider the first week a warm up week. How can you consider it anything else... as one person put it... how can my record not be not there with 5 reporters yet record x is on there with only one.

As expected Tv on the Radio held on to the #1 spot and the #1 add had 60 adds.

It tends to ramp up each week so we might see some action next week with Parquet Courts charging up and Panda Bear already making a threat ( I think that is just with the EP so thats pretty impressive)

Instead lets spend some time looking at whats coming up this year.

Pitchfork

Consequence of Sound 

Stereogum

So what are you looking forward to.

For me I would say

Sleater-Kinney
PJ Harvey
Kanye West
The Breeders ( hopefully)
Modest Mouse
Built to Spill

Lets talk about everything on twitter. 


No comments:

MEDIUM ROTATION.

I am excited to announce all future blogs will appear on the relaunched Medium Rotation. www.mediumrotation.com  Find that and more! T...