Wednesday, January 08, 2014

CMJ RECAP Issue 1326 WEEK 1

Welcome back everyone... or.. really welcome back some of you guys.  The first week is always a weird one there are only a fraction of the reporting stations back so really its mostly just us calling blindly and leaving messages.

This week we start the year with 158 reporting stations, not too much of a departure from last year where we started with just over 160.  

Our number one record is Arcade Fire and while I saw some people pushing to over take them the top 5 remained largely unchanged.  So the question is will one of the records in the top 5 overtake Arcade Fire or will the next new #1 be from something going for adds this year.

This weeks #1 most added record Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings also debuted at #16 the top debut of the week.  It will be interesting to see how high this record goes, I suspect it will be largely powered by AAA but there is a lot of love for Sharon out there so who knows.  What happens a lot this time of year is a record debuts really high and then falls slowly, not saying that will happen but it is something to keep an eye out for.

I am really looking forward to 2014 there are a lot of exciting records coming, if you have not seen I am pretty sure every music website has some version of that list. What are you excited about?

That is all for now! I have some good ideas( I think) of what I want to do here as things get busier but If you have some ideas please do let me know!

thank you for reading!

douglas


No comments:

MEDIUM ROTATION.

I am excited to announce all future blogs will appear on the relaunched Medium Rotation. www.mediumrotation.com  Find that and more! T...